| The Company
| Standard Terms
| Resources / Examples
Standard Terms, Conditions and Disclaimers
Below is the Standard Terms and Conditions, as used by PC Services, followed by the standard disclaimer, which details
warranties and customer supplied equipment.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing before work commences, between PC Services and the customer, these standard Terms and Conditions, apply to all work undertaken by PC Services on behalf of the customer. Non-exhaustive list of types of work carried out and explanation of terms:-
- Software and/or hardware, and/or system analysis, and diagnosis of existing and potential problems, improvements, usage and impacts.
- Software and/or hardware, and/or system specification, based upon analysis of customer requirements input, environment, how used and needs.
- Supply of software and/or hardware, and/or system design(s), prototype(s) or production unit(s); including where appropriate - documentation, manual(s), spares kit(s), prototype(s) and production unit(s).
- Software writing to customer supplied specification of programme requirements, including user interaction methods if any, programme function, programme error reporting, environment and platform to be used in, language(s) to be used. Contracting of another specified function as agreed beforehand.
- Installation, cabling, setup and configuration of customer supplied equipment for customer's application within one building on one site.
- Length of Day
- All work is charged at rates according to day (9:30 to 17:30), or half day, or by the hour. Work carried out outside the hours specified for a normal day, are classed as unsocial hours work, to be carried with prior agreement and booking at special rates. A day is classed as a normal working day, Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays of the country where the work is being carried out.
- PC Services will hold joint copyright on all work carried out, however PC Services will not resell in any manner a complete copy of work carried out for a customer only parts of the work could be used again.
- Terms of payment
- For customers with credit facilities, payment is on an invoice is on issuing basis at date of invoice, payable by cash, cheque, or bankers draft in the favour of PC Services; or by BACS payment. All other customers are required to pay 25%, as a first stage payment at time of order, remaining amount to be paid at job completion.
- Work involving design or supply of hardware requires a 20% minimum retainer payment with order, on top of any other prepayments regardless of credit status.
- Commencement of work
- Work will commence at the prior agreed time and place between PC Services and the customer, upon receipt of Purchase Order(s). All work is then invoiced at an agreed schedule or by default monthly against Purchase Order(s) supplied by the customer.
- Ownership of goods, services, or results of services is transferred upon receipt of all payments in full.
Unless described in exceptions section, all hardware is warranted for 12 months for production units and 6 months for prototypes software is warranted for 3 months and services or results of services for 1 month. This applies only to the parts supplied by PC Services, and all warranties are voided, if the product is not as sold, modified by customer or parties acting upon the customer's behalf, or the product is used or has suffered from use or events that it was not designed for, or beyond the control of the customer and/or PC Services.
All warranties commence from the date of invoice to customer from PC Services.
Where work is carried out using equipment and/or software and/or procedures and/or facilities, supplied or at the instruction of the customer, which is then found to be faulty, all work carried out to identify and rectify the problem is chargeable in addition to any quote or order at the suitable rate to the customer. Whether directly instructed to carry this out or not by the customer, when this has to be carried out in order to complete the work for the customer.
All warranties on any such repairs, modifications and/or rectification of problems, are the responsibility of the customer to arrange with parties who actually perform said tasks.
These conditions are liable to change without prior notice or notification.
All terms to be compliant with English Law as compliant at time of invoicing with the laws of England & Wales.
All statutory rights to be unaffected.